The first Friday of every month, over 60 artists open to the public.
First Friday Open Studios 2017:June 2, 5-9pmJuly 7, 5-9pmAugust 4, 5-9pmSeptember 1, 5-9pmOctober 6, 5-9pmNovember 3, 5-9pmDecember 1, 5-9pm
Every Saturday & Sunday from April 29-October 29, many artists open to the public in conjunction with the SoWa Open Markets. The Markets open from 10-4. Artists hours vary. Feel free to check with your favorite artists to see if they will be open.
- Debby’s photographic series, “The Colors of White” will be featured, along with the work of Wendy Wahl in a two person show, “Optical Density” at the Candita Clayton Gallery, Hope Artists Village, 999 Main Street, Unit #105, Pawtucket, RI 02860. Opening reception, Friday, April 28, 6-8 pm. Exhibit runs from April 28 – May 27, 2017.
- Stacey Cushner will be exhibiting her floral oil paintings and media work in a group show at Baozhen Art, Beiijing, China in May, 2017. Baozhen Art now represents Stacey’s work in Asia. .
Katherine Downey Miller
- Teaching painting workshop on Landscape to Abstraction June 28-30 at the Artist Association of Nantucket on Nantucket Island.
- Finding Balance, Monotypes and Mixed Media, Opening reception April 9, 4:30-6:30pm, ID Salon, 241 Washington St, Wellesley. Through May 31.
- Wall, May 26 – June 14, Opening reception Fri May 26, 7-9 pm, Alden Gallery, 423 Commercial St., Provincetown. Paul Pedulla and other gallery artists interpret the “Wall” theme in their exhibited works.
Jennifer Jean Costello
- Walls, Fences and Doors: Obstacle or Opportunity’, March 24 – May 5, Spectrum Gallery, CT. Explores the timely topic of the purpose of barriers and entryways to address the significance of these everyday elements. Are they to protect, to honor and to invite us into a space? Or do they create obstacles that exclude us from ourselves and others?
- Envisioning New Pathways, May 16 – August 30, reception: Tuesday, May 16 from 5-8 pm, Art Gallery at Eissey Campus at Palm Beach State College FL
- Protecting Our Oceans: The Gulf of Maine Project ; April 15 – June 18; Reception is Sunday, May 7th from 1-3 p.m. at Highfield Hall and Gardens, Falmouth. www.highfieldhallandgardens.org
- Sense of Place, a show juried by Curator Patricia Miranda for the 11th International Encaustic Conference in Provincetown; May 23- June 9, Reception Thursday, June 1, 4-6 p.m. at Castle Hill Main Gallery, 10 Meetinghouse Lane, Truro. email@example.com
- Alternative Wax: Layers of Facts ( with the 11th International Encaustic Conference in Provincetown), June 2- June 8th; Reception at Kobalt Gallery on June 2 from 7-9 p.m., 366 Commercial Street, Provincetown. Gallery Owner Francine D’Olimpio selected works that offered artists the opportunity to express their views on the current state of affairs in our country.
- Transform8, Shim Gallery, 289 Meserole Street, Brooklyn, NY, ay 12 – May 23, Opening Reception May 12, 6-9PM. www.Arthelix.com. Transform8, a group show curated by Mariano Cinat, features 7 artists who are using different art techniques and mediums to express a transformation from figurative into abstract and back again. They are interacting with an “8th”- the viewer- whose role is as important as that of the artists.
- Stephen Silver
- L’Attitude Gallery – 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston. Stephen Silver’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery at 211 Newbury Street, Boston MA 02116. 617-927-4400.www.lattitudegallery.com
- Gallery Z: Stephen Silver’s work is now being displayed at Gallery Z, 259 Atwells Ave. Providence, RI 02903. 401-454-8844. www.galleryzprov.com
- Thanassi Gallery – Provincetown, MA Stephen Silver’s work is now featured at Thanassi Gallery, 234 Commercial Street, Provincetown, MA 02657. 508-487-0233
- Calvin Charles Gallery, 4201 North Marshall Way , Scottsdale , AZ 85251 is one of the premier contemporary galleries located in the center of the Scottsdale arts district. The gallery represents internationally known artists from around the world and is featuring works by Stephen Silver. Through Calvin Charles, Silver’s work is also on display at the Sanctuary on Camelback Resort and Spa. See www.calvincharles.com www.silverwoodsstudio.com
- Jule’s Place – 1200 Washington St Boston, MA 02118, (617) 542-2044
- Lanoue Fine Art -125 Newbury Street in Boston’s Back Bay, Lanoue Fine Art
- L’Attitude Gallery – 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston, MA 02116, 617.927.4400 or go
- The White Gallery – 342 Main Street, Lakeville, CT 06039, 860.435.1029 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and www.thewhitegalleryart.com for more information.
- Art3Gallery, 44 West Brook St., Manchester, NH, 03101, www.art3gallery.com/
- Kim Radochia Artist, Independent Curator 978-618-7587 email@example.com
- L’Attitude Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery, 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston, MA 02116, 617.927.4400 www.lattitudegallery.com
- Art 3 Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Art 3 Gallery, 44 West Brook Street, Manchester, NH 03101, 800.668.9983 See www.art3gallery.com
- Buchanan Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Buchanan Gallery, 220 25th Street, Galveston Island, TX 77550, 409.763.8683
- All Summer at Aquatro Gallery,77 Rocky Neck Ave, Gloucester, MA, Madfish Wharf, Wednesday-Monday from Noon to eight. Wire sculpture with water themes
- All Summer at Cuckle Button Gallery, Perkins Cove, Ogunquit, MA, Wire Sculpture and oil paintings,Tuesday- Sunday 12-8