The first Friday of every month, over 80 artists open to the public.
First Friday Open Studios 2018:
May 4th, 5-9pm
June 1st, 5-9pm
July 6th, 5-9pm
August 3rd, 5-9pm
September 7th, 5-9pm
October 5th, 5-9pm
November 2, 5-9pm
December 7th, 5-9pm
SoWa Art Walk Boston’s Premier Art Stroll!
Celebrate and explore Boston’s most vibrant arts community at the Annual SoWa SoWa Art Walk. Meet the artists in their studios, view the latest gallery exhibits, and enjoy an immersive art experience.
The SoWa Art & Design District is home to over 300 working artists studios, the largest concentration of contemporary art galleries in the city, and an incredible group of design showrooms and shops dedicated to preserving and supporting artistic expression. Explore the area, discover new artists, and celebrate talent from all over the world.
The SoWa Art Walk takes place on the first Saturday and Sunday in May, May 5 & 6, 11am – 5pm.
Every Sunday from May 6-October 29, many artists open to the public in conjunction with the SoWa Open Markets. The Markets open from 10-4. Artists hours vary. Feel free to check with your favorite artists to see if they will be open.
Anne Harney, Lorrie Berry, Jennifer Jean Costello
- RADAR, February 11-May 4, opening reception Saturday, February 17, 5-8pm. @artlery160 gallery, 160 Federal St, Boston. A visual interpretation of how humans are using up the world’s resources.
- American Watercolor Society, 151st Annual International Exhibition at the Salmagundi Club, on 47 Fifth Ave, New York, NY, April 4-28.
- The Connecticut Academy of Fine Art 107th Exhibition 2018, May 3rd-June 1st, Reception, Thursday,May 3rd from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Mystic Museum Of Art, Mystic, CT. Juror and American Artist, Eric Aho, selected Beverly Rippel’s work for this Annual National Juried show.
Marcia R Wise
- Facing The Wall, March 9 to May 26, reception Thursday, March 29, 5:30 – 8PM.
The Art League of Rhode Island, The VETS Gallery, 1 Avenue of The Arts, Providence, RI. A juried national exhibition, juried by Julia Samuels of Overpass Projects. Facing The Wall displays work that calls to attention the ways people confront the walls in their lives.
- Self – A Self-Portrait Exhibition, April 6 – 29, opening reception, April 6, 6:00-8:00 pm. Sharon Weiss Gallery, 20 E. Lincoln St, Columbus, Ohio
Paul Pedulla’s Self-Portrait #1 and self-portraits of all gallery artists will be exhibited.
- Art at the Villa, part of Newton Open Studios, 22 Burnham Rd, W Newton. April 7-8, 11-5pm, 6 artists, new work, great venue. Glass sculptor, 3 painters, and a crafter. All art hung in lovely home setting.
- Plein Air in Maine. Hudson Art and Framimg. Monday – Sat, 10am-5pm. Through May.
B. Glee Lucas
- Women Against Violence: Resistance and Resilience at Lesley University’s Marran Gallery, 34 Mellen Street, Cambridge. March 19 – April 28. Violence Transformed and Lesley University present the 2018 exhibit and symposium, Women Against Violence: Resistance and Resilience. This exhibition showcases artwork that addresses issues of violence, inequality or harassment against women.
- What Lifts You Up, April 14 – April 19, reception: April 15, 4-6pm. Wedeman Art Gallery Yamawaki Art Center, 47 Myrtle Ave. Auburndale.
- L’Attitude Gallery – 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston. Stephen Silver’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery at 211 Newbury Street, Boston MA 02116. 617-927-4400.www.lattitudegallery.com
- Gallery Z: Stephen Silver’s work is now being displayed at Gallery Z, 259 Atwells Ave. Providence, RI 02903. 401-454-8844. www.galleryzprov.com
- Thanassi Gallery – Provincetown, MA Stephen Silver’s work is now featured at Thanassi Gallery, 234 Commercial Street, Provincetown, MA 02657. 508-487-0233
- Calvin Charles Gallery, 4201 North Marshall Way , Scottsdale , AZ 85251 is one of the premier contemporary galleries located in the center of the Scottsdale arts district. The gallery represents internationally known artists from around the world and is featuring works by Stephen Silver. Through Calvin Charles, Silver’s work is also on display at the Sanctuary on Camelback Resort and Spa. See www.calvincharles.com www.silverwoodsstudio.com
- Jule’s Place – 1200 Washington St Boston, MA 02118, (617) 542-2044
- Lanoue Fine Art -125 Newbury Street in Boston’s Back Bay, Lanoue Fine Art
- L’Attitude Gallery – 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston, MA 02116, 617.927.4400 or go
- The White Gallery – 342 Main Street, Lakeville, CT 06039, 860.435.1029 or email at email@example.com and www.thewhitegalleryart.com for more information.
- Art3Gallery, 44 West Brook St., Manchester, NH, 03101, www.art3gallery.com/
- Kim Radochia Artist, Independent Curator 978-618-7587 firstname.lastname@example.org
- L’Attitude Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery, 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston, MA 02116, 617.927.4400 www.lattitudegallery.com
- Art 3 Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Art 3 Gallery, 44 West Brook Street, Manchester, NH 03101, 800.668.9983 See www.art3gallery.com
- Buchanan Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Buchanan Gallery, 220 25th Street, Galveston Island, TX 77550, 409.763.8683
- All Summer at Aquatro Gallery,77 Rocky Neck Ave, Gloucester, MA, Madfish Wharf, Wednesday-Monday from Noon to eight. Wire sculpture with water themes
- All Summer at Cuckle Button Gallery, Perkins Cove, Ogunquit, MA, Wire Sculpture and oil paintings,Tuesday- Sunday 12-8