The first Friday of every month, over 60 artists open to the public.
First Friday Open Studios 2017:July 7, 5-9pmAugust 4, 5-9pmSeptember 1, 5-9pmOctober 6, 5-9pmNovember 3, 5-9pmDecember 1, 5-9pm
Every Saturday & Sunday from April 29-October 29, many artists open to the public in conjunction with the SoWa Open Markets. The Markets open from 10-4. Artists hours vary. Feel free to check with your favorite artists to see if they will be open.
- These SoWa Artists Guild members all have work on display for the South End Artists show at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, 415 Summer Street in South Boston. Through October. Opening reception TBA.
- Stacey will be part of a group show at Banfill Locke Center for the Arts in Minneapolis, MN on June 21st to raise funds for this art center.
- Blue tree drawings, part of a series from her Brooklyn, NY debut at Temporary Storage Gallery, will be part of a two person show at New England Biolabs, Ipswich, from June 6 – July 18.
Katherine Downey Miller
- Teaching painting workshop on Landscape to Abstraction June 28-30 at the Artist Association of Nantucket on Nantucket Island.
- Wall, May 26 – June 14, Opening reception Fri May 26, 7-9 pm, Alden Gallery, 423 Commercial St., Provincetown. Paul Pedulla and other gallery artists interpret the “Wall” theme in their exhibited works.
Jennifer Jean Costello
- Envisioning New Pathways, May 16 – August 30, reception: Tuesday, May 16 from 5-8 pm, Art Gallery at Eissey Campus at Palm Beach State College FL
- Solo show from July 21 – September 1. Open reception on Thursday, July 20 from 6-8 pm at the Gallery at Multicultural Arts Center Cambridge. “As I created these new works I was keenly aware that every mark I made, whether it relied on my Eastern or Western heritage, was made by one hand–my hand–and that the finished product would live and breathe as part of a world in which we all are tenants and that we all share.”
- Women, July 3 to July 30. Open Reception Saturday, July 8 from 5 to 7 pm at Charles Fine Arts Gloucester. “Cause I’m a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, That’s me.” Maya Angelou’s words express the theme of this juried national exhibition about feminine nature – strong, beautiful, proud, and self-sufficient from nun to harlot.
- Beverly Rippel’s Pru Skyline, Boston series, a grid of 12 diaristic 7″ x 5″ oils on canvas painted from her 450 Harrison studio window, continues to be displayed at the Clark Gallery in Lincoln. They are ongoing ‘works -in progress’ since March 2017.
- Sense of Place, a show juried by Curator Patricia Miranda for the 11th International Encaustic Conference in Provincetown; May 23- June 9, Reception Thursday, June 1, 4-6 p.m. at Castle Hill Main Gallery, 10 Meetinghouse Lane, Truro. email@example.com
- Alternative Wax: Layers of Facts ( with the 11th International Encaustic Conference in Provincetown), June 2- June 8th; Reception at Kobalt Gallery on June 2 from 7-9 p.m., 366 Commercial Street, Provincetown. Gallery Owner Francine D’Olimpio selected works that offered artists the opportunity to express their views on the current state of affairs in our country.
- Coolidge Corner Arts Festival, Saturday, June 3 from 11AM to 7PM along Babcock Street in the heart of Brookline’s Coolidge Corner. Shop the work of over 90 artists, enjoy delicious food truck fare and listen to great music at the Coolidge Corner Arts Festival!
- Stephen Silver
- L’Attitude Gallery – 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston. Stephen Silver’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery at 211 Newbury Street, Boston MA 02116. 617-927-4400.www.lattitudegallery.com
- Gallery Z: Stephen Silver’s work is now being displayed at Gallery Z, 259 Atwells Ave. Providence, RI 02903. 401-454-8844. www.galleryzprov.com
- Thanassi Gallery – Provincetown, MA Stephen Silver’s work is now featured at Thanassi Gallery, 234 Commercial Street, Provincetown, MA 02657. 508-487-0233
- Calvin Charles Gallery, 4201 North Marshall Way , Scottsdale , AZ 85251 is one of the premier contemporary galleries located in the center of the Scottsdale arts district. The gallery represents internationally known artists from around the world and is featuring works by Stephen Silver. Through Calvin Charles, Silver’s work is also on display at the Sanctuary on Camelback Resort and Spa. See www.calvincharles.com www.silverwoodsstudio.com
- Jule’s Place – 1200 Washington St Boston, MA 02118, (617) 542-2044
- Lanoue Fine Art -125 Newbury Street in Boston’s Back Bay, Lanoue Fine Art
- L’Attitude Gallery – 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston, MA 02116, 617.927.4400 or go
- The White Gallery – 342 Main Street, Lakeville, CT 06039, 860.435.1029 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and www.thewhitegalleryart.com for more information.
- Art3Gallery, 44 West Brook St., Manchester, NH, 03101, www.art3gallery.com/
- Kim Radochia Artist, Independent Curator 978-618-7587 email@example.com
- L’Attitude Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery, 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston, MA 02116, 617.927.4400 www.lattitudegallery.com
- Art 3 Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Art 3 Gallery, 44 West Brook Street, Manchester, NH 03101, 800.668.9983 See www.art3gallery.com
- Buchanan Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Buchanan Gallery, 220 25th Street, Galveston Island, TX 77550, 409.763.8683
- All Summer at Aquatro Gallery,77 Rocky Neck Ave, Gloucester, MA, Madfish Wharf, Wednesday-Monday from Noon to eight. Wire sculpture with water themes
- All Summer at Cuckle Button Gallery, Perkins Cove, Ogunquit, MA, Wire Sculpture and oil paintings,Tuesday- Sunday 12-8