- First Fridays
- SoWa 2nd Sunday
- South End Open Studios
- SoWa Sundays
- Artists Events
- Artists Gallery Affiliation
The first Friday of every month, over 80 artists open to the public.
First Friday Open Studios 2018:
September 7th, 5-9pm
October 5th, 5-9pm
November 2, 5-9pm
December 7th, 5-9pm
A Monthly Event…all year long
Celebrate and explore Boston’s most vibrant arts community the 2nd Sunday of every month.
Artists at 450 Harrison Ave will open their studios from 12-3 welcoming the public to purchase art directly from the artists.Dates for 2018:August 12September 9October 14November 11December 9 (Holiday!)
Saturday & Sunday, September 15th & 16th, 2018
11AM to 6PM rain or shine
Over 200 Artists on hand to kick-off Boston’s Fall Open Studios Season, including all SoWa Artist Guild Artists.
Since 1986, South End Open Studios has provided a once-a-year, back-stage pass that invites visitors to explore and enjoy the creative environment of Boston’s largest and most exciting community of working artists.
With locations throughout the South End neighborhood, over 200 artists will showcase their work, with local galleries displaying work by national and international artists. Free shuttle service will be available to transport visitors to studios and galleries.
Free printed guides with maps are available at South End Open Studios information tables, locations include Boston Center for the Arts, 551 Tremont Street and the sidewalk area of 560 Harrison Avenue.
South End Open Studios is free to the public.
Every Sunday from May 6-October 29, many artists open to the public in conjunction with the SoWa Open Markets. The Markets open from 10-4. Artists hours vary. Feel free to check with your favorite artists to see if they will be open.
- Memory and Material: Solo Exhibit of Wood Quilts at International Quilt Study Center and Museum, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE. Aug 29- Dec. 15. https://www.quiltstudy.org/exhibition/laura-petrovich-cheney-memory-and-material
- New Jersey State Coucil on the Arts Fellowship Awards in Visual Arts Exhibit, August 25- October 7, Wheaton Arts Center, 1000 Village Drive, Millville, NJ.
- Double Vision, group show at Bromfield Gallery, 450 Harrison Ave, Boston. September 5-30, opening reception Friday, September 7, 6-8:30 pm. Each artist displays two pieces with either intriguing similarities or differences.
- Geometric:Organic, September 1-30, reception September 6, 5:30-7:30PM. The Daniels Art Gallery, located in the Hebrew Senior Life facility, 1200 Center Street, Boston. The gallery is accessible via the third-floor entrance and visiting hours are 7 a.m – 8 p.m. on weekdays and 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. on weekends.
Jennifer Jean Costello
- Daydreaming, Sept 29 – Nov 17. Reception: Oct 27, from 11-1 pm, Coral Springs Museum of Art.
- Galerie d’Orsay at Boston Design Center, ongoing, 1 Design Center Pl, Boston Suite #204. Featuring works from Nulle part, Dans le monde and En cours series along with an established stable of Artists.
- L’Attitude Gallery – 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston. Stephen Silver’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery at 211 Newbury Street, Boston MA 02116. 617-927-4400.www.lattitudegallery.com
- Gallery Z: Stephen Silver’s work is now being displayed at Gallery Z, 259 Atwells Ave. Providence, RI 02903. 401-454-8844. www.galleryzprov.com
- Thanassi Gallery – Provincetown, MA Stephen Silver’s work is now featured at Thanassi Gallery, 234 Commercial Street, Provincetown, MA 02657. 508-487-0233
- Calvin Charles Gallery, 4201 North Marshall Way , Scottsdale , AZ 85251 is one of the premier contemporary galleries located in the center of the Scottsdale arts district. The gallery represents internationally known artists from around the world and is featuring works by Stephen Silver. Through Calvin Charles, Silver’s work is also on display at the Sanctuary on Camelback Resort and Spa. See www.calvincharles.com www.silverwoodsstudio.com
- Jule’s Place – 1200 Washington St Boston, MA 02118, (617) 542-2044
- Lanoue Fine Art -125 Newbury Street in Boston’s Back Bay, Lanoue Fine Art
- L’Attitude Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery, 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston, MA 02116, 617.927.4400 www.lattitudegallery.com
- Art 3 Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Art 3 Gallery, 44 West Brook Street, Manchester, NH 03101, 800.668.9983 See www.art3gallery.com
- Buchanan Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Buchanan Gallery, 220 25th Street, Galveston Island, TX 77550, 409.763.8683
- All Summer at Aquatro Gallery,77 Rocky Neck Ave, Gloucester, MA, Madfish Wharf, Wednesday-Monday from Noon to eight. Wire sculpture with water themes
- All Summer at Cuckle Button Gallery, Perkins Cove, Ogunquit, MA, Wire Sculpture and oil paintings,Tuesday- Sunday 12-8