- First Fridays
- SoWa 2nd Sunday
- SoWa Art Walk
- Artists in their Studios
- SoWa Sundays
- Artists Events
- Artists Gallery Affiliation
The first Friday of every month, over 80 artists open to the public.
First Friday Open Studios 2019:
August 2nd, 5-9pm
September 6th, 5-9pm
October 4th, 5-9pm
November 1st, 5-9pm
December 6th, 5-9pm
A Monthly Event…all year long
Celebrate and explore Boston’s most vibrant arts community the 2nd Sunday of every month.
Artists at 450 Harrison Ave will open their studios from 11-4 welcoming the public to purchase art directly from the artists.Dates for 2019July 14August 11September 15October 13November 10December 8
Artists in their Studios is free to the public.
Every Sunday from May 6-October 29, many artists open to the public in conjunction with the SoWa Open Markets. The Markets open from 10-4. Artists hours vary. Feel free to check with your favorite artists to see if they will be open.
Many SoWa Artists
- Two Views of Chroma. SoWa artists — including Mark Peterson, Marcia R. Wise, Jennifer Jean Costello, B.Glee Lucas, and Beverly Rippel — are featured at the Heftler Visiting Artist Gallery, Walter J. Manninen Center for the Arts at Endicott College, 376 Hale St, Beverly, June 24 – September 27. Reception: Wednesday, September 11, from 5 – 7 p.m.
- New Visions of Designed Environments at BSA Space features photograph from the Underpass series. Boston Society of Architects, 290 Congress Street, Boston, June 4, 2019 through January 3, 2020, opening reception Thursday, June 6 at 6 pm.
- Stable Salon Series, June 8 – September 7, opening reception: June 8, 4:00-8:00pm,
Coastal Contemporary Gallery, 491 Thames St., Newport, Rhode Island. Paul Pedulla and other gallery artists will kick off the summer season with some exciting new work
- Brave and Bold, July 3 – 31, opening reception July 12, 3:00-6:00pm. Coastal Contemporary Gallery, 491 Thames St., Newport, Rhode Island. Works by Paul Pedulla and other gallery artists in a salon exhibition.
- Color is the Thing, May 15-August 15, Kent Newton, 1315 Washington St. Boston. A show demonstrating strong use of color in a variety of styles, including several approaches to abstract landscapes as well as geometrics.
Marcia R. Wise
- 3 Artists Work from the Paula Estey Gallery, June 2019 – ongoing, The Gallery at PortSide Waterfront Kitchen & Bar, 175 Bride Road, Salisbury.
- Solo Exhibit, June 25 – August 25, opening reception with live music and artist talk June 25, 3-5pm. Newbury Court, 100 Newbury Court, Concord.
B. Glee Lucas
- The Summer Show, Noa Gallery at The Groton Inn, June 1 – Sept. 20. Five paintings from B. Glee Lucas’ Reflections series are part of the new summer show at the Gallery at Groton Inn, 128 Main Street, Groton. Open to the public Monday – Sunday 10am – 6pm.
Jennifer Jean Costello
- Faculty Artist Showcase, May 23 – July 14, reception: May 23, 6-8 pm, Bancroft Gallery, South Shore Art Center, Cohasset.
- Opposites, June 12 – July 12, reception Saturday, June 15, 2-4 p.m., The Attleboro Arts Museum, 86 Park St, Attleboro. Artists explore opposition in personalities, nature, qualities, direction, result, or significance.
- New England Collective, July 31st- Sept. 1, Opening Reception on August 2nd at Galatea Gallery, 460 Harrison Ave, Boston #B6. Beverly’s newest work was included by Juror, Katherine French, former director at Danforth Art Museum and presently curator at Catamount Arts in Vermont.
- Ocean Life at Art Square Gallery, Copley Square Hotel, 47 Huntington Ave, Boston.
Reception: June 13th, 5-7pm (RSVP event only: https://www.nedretandre.com/shows/) New series of abstract paintings that explores seagrass habitats.
- Spectrum, July 9-Aug 24, reception July 11, 6-8pm. University Place, 124 Mt Auburn St., Cambridge. Group show celebrates ROYGBIV !
- L’Attitude Gallery – 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston. Stephen Silver’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery at 211 Newbury Street, Boston MA 02116. 617-927-4400.www.lattitudegallery.com
- Gallery Z: Stephen Silver’s work is now being displayed at Gallery Z, 259 Atwells Ave. Providence, RI 02903. 401-454-8844. www.galleryzprov.com
- Thanassi Gallery – Provincetown, MA Stephen Silver’s work is now featured at Thanassi Gallery, 234 Commercial Street, Provincetown, MA 02657. 508-487-0233
- Calvin Charles Gallery, 4201 North Marshall Way , Scottsdale , AZ 85251 is one of the premier contemporary galleries located in the center of the Scottsdale arts district. The gallery represents internationally known artists from around the world and is featuring works by Stephen Silver. Through Calvin Charles, Silver’s work is also on display at the Sanctuary on Camelback Resort and Spa. See www.calvincharles.com www.silverwoodsstudio.com
- Jule’s Place – 1200 Washington St Boston, MA 02118, (617) 542-2044
- Lanoue Fine Art -125 Newbury Street in Boston’s Back Bay, Lanoue Fine Art
- L’Attitude Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery, 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston, MA 02116, 617.927.4400 www.lattitudegallery.com
- Art 3 Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Art 3 Gallery, 44 West Brook Street, Manchester, NH 03101, 800.668.9983 See www.art3gallery.com
- Buchanan Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Buchanan Gallery, 220 25th Street, Galveston Island, TX 77550, 409.763.8683
- All Summer at Aquatro Gallery,77 Rocky Neck Ave, Gloucester, MA, Madfish Wharf, Wednesday-Monday from Noon to eight. Wire sculpture with water themes
- All Summer at Cuckle Button Gallery, Perkins Cove, Ogunquit, MA, Wire Sculpture and oil paintings,Tuesday- Sunday 12-8