First Friday Open Studios 2021:
Some artists are now open for First Fridays!
To check a specific artist, please, you can get to their websites through our artists directory: SoWa Artists
The SoWa Artists Guild follows all recommended CDC and state COVID 19 safety protocols.
May 7, 5-9pm
On February 6th, starting at 11am, tune into our Facebook Page.
We are hosting a virtual Super Bowl weekend event. “SoWa LIVE!: Meet our artists on Facebook Live” will take place Saturday and Sunday, February 6th and 7th, 11am-5pm, live streaming on Facebook.
Viewers can participate live from home, ask questions, contact individual artists and make purchases all from their own computer or mobile device. Go to https://www.facebook.com/SowaArtistsGuild starting February 6th at 11am, and enjoy the show! And if you miss the live event, no worries, we’ll keep the videos on Facebook for you to watch at your convenience.
Many artists are open every Sunday!
A Monthly Event…all year long
Celebrate and explore Boston’s most vibrant arts community the 2nd Sunday of every month.
Artists at 450 Harrison Ave will open their studios from 11-4 welcoming the public to purchase art directly from the artists.Dates for 2021April 11May 9June 13July 11August 8September 12October 10November 14December 12
- Womxn, thru May 2nd, virtual reception Thursday April 8th at 6:30 pm, The Hooper Mansion, 8 Hooper Street, Marblehead, and virtually at https://maa-variations-2021.square.site/shop/womxn-nawa/28?page=1&limit=60&sort_by=name&sort_order=asc Womxn is in the mind, in the heart, and in the soul. This invitational group exhibition of 2D and 3D works explore being masculine and feminine at the same time.
- #COLLAGEbiennial: Virtual Exhibition, March 25 – April 18, 2021, online at https://www.denisebibrofineart.com/exhibitions/collagebiennial/ Denise Bibro Fine Arts in New York, NY, is proud to present this online exhibition, a show that taps into the well of perseverance, talent, and energy in the medium of collage.
- POD, March 6 – April 22, The Gallery at 249 A Street, Boston. View online at https://www.249astreetcoop.com or by appointment. This exhibition showcases the work of three artists who formed a pod early in the pandemic and retreated to rural New Hampshire to stay safe and to work on art that reflected this isolation.
- Deadlocked and Loaded: Disarming America, February 11 -April 15. Virtual reception; at ArtRage Gallery, Syracuse, NY. Beverly’s work from her Water Pistols and Cap Guns Series is included in this Invitational Exhibit by Curator and Activist, Karen Gutfreund. This show provides “a conversation through Art in all media that addresses the culture of violence, systemic racism, police brutality, and gun issues in the United States”.
- One in a Year; February 20- April 20; Online Juried Exhibition at The Painting Center, NYC. and on Artsy for sale of works from 100 artists across the nation expressing their creative endeavors throughout the Pandemic year of 2020.
- PIVOT, April 8- May 22; virtual reception on April 8th at 7 p.m. The South Shore Art Center in the Bancroft Gallery, Cohasset, presents a National Exhibition. Juror, Katherine French, Director of Catamount Arts, VT, made selections and gave Beverly’s “White Orchid” painting an award.
- Built Beauty: Structure and Adornment in Boston, April 7-June 30, John J. Moakley Courthouse, 1 Courthouse Way, Boston. Exhibit of artworks on metal interpreting the beauty of structural and decorative elements found in Boston. Public Hours are M-F, 8:30 am-5 pm.
- Inside Voices: Members Exhibition, March 18- May 2, ArtsWorcester, 44 Portland Street, Worcester. https://artsworcester.org
Katherine Downey Miller
- Reflection, curated by Christine Palamidessi, May-October, virtual opening on the website: clippershipwharf.com, open to the public, depending on Covid. ClipArt Gallery, 65 Lewis Street, East Boston. Three person exhibit with artists, Katherine Downey Miller, Jeannie Motherwell and Wendy Prellwitz
- L’Attitude Gallery – 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston. Stephen Silver’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery at 211 Newbury Street, Boston MA 02116. 617-927-4400.www.lattitudegallery.com
- Gallery Z: Stephen Silver’s work is now being displayed at Gallery Z, 259 Atwells Ave. Providence, RI 02903. 401-454-8844. www.galleryzprov.com
- Thanassi Gallery – Provincetown, MA Stephen Silver’s work is now featured at Thanassi Gallery, 234 Commercial Street, Provincetown, MA 02657. 508-487-0233
- Gallery by NOA at the Groton Inn, 128 Main Street, Groton, MA 01450 www.noagallery.com/gallery-by-noa-at-the-groton-inn
- Jule’s Place – 1200 Washington St Boston, MA 02118, (617) 542-2044
- Lanoue Fine Art -125 Newbury Street in Boston’s Back Bay, Lanoue Fine Art
- L’Attitude Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery, 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston, MA 02116, 617.927.4400 www.lattitudegallery.com
- Art 3 Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Art 3 Gallery, 44 West Brook Street, Manchester, NH 03101, 800.668.9983 See www.art3gallery.com
- Buchanan Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Buchanan Gallery, 220 25th Street, Galveston Island, TX 77550, 409.763.8683
- All Summer at Aquatro Gallery,77 Rocky Neck Ave, Gloucester, MA, Madfish Wharf, Wednesday-Monday from Noon to eight. Wire sculpture with water themes
- All Summer at Cuckle Button Gallery, Perkins Cove, Ogunquit, MA, Wire Sculpture and oil paintings,Tuesday- Sunday 12-8