- First Fridays
- SoWa 2nd Sunday
- South End Open Studios
- SoWa Sundays
- Artists Events
- Artists Gallery Affiliation
The first Friday of every month, over 80 artists open to the public.
First Friday Open Studios 2019:
January 4th, 5-9pm
February 1st, 5-9pm
March 1st, 5-9pm
A Monthly Event…all year long
Celebrate and explore Boston’s most vibrant arts community the 2nd Sunday of every month.
Artists at 450 Harrison Ave will open their studios from 11-4 welcoming the public to purchase art directly from the artists.Dates for 2018:August 12September 9November 11December 9 (Holiday!)2019January 13February 10March 10April 14May 12June 9July 14August 11September 15October 13November 10December 8
South End Open Studios is free to the public.
Every Sunday from May 6-October 29, many artists open to the public in conjunction with the SoWa Open Markets. The Markets open from 10-4. Artists hours vary. Feel free to check with your favorite artists to see if they will be open.
- Memory and Material: Solo Exhibit of Wood Quilts at International Quilt Study Center and Museum, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE. Aug 29- Dec. 15. https://www.quiltstudy.org/exhibition/laura-petrovich-cheney-memory-and-material
- Zakim Reflections solo show, October 2-December 31, Monday-Friday 9-5pm, Atrium Gallery, John Joseph Moakley Courthouse, 1 Courthouse Way, Boston. Plein air paintings from under the Zakim Bridge painted 2016.
- Work by Susan Blatt is included in Red, Cambridge Art Association, Dan Byers, Carpenter Center for Visual Arts, Harvard University, juror. November 8 – December 20. Opening reception November 8. See Cambridgeart.org for details
- Susan Blatt is included in Work on Paper at the South Shore Art Center, Cohasset. Andrew Witkin, Witkin Krakow Gallery, juror. November 8 – December 21. Opening is November 8. Further details may be found at ssac.org
- Works on Paper, November 8th – December 21st, Reception Nov. 8th from 6-8 p.m., South Shore Art Center, Cohasset. Andrew Witkin of Witkin- Krakow Gallery, Boston has selected 2 works of Beverly Rippel’s for this National Exhibition.
- The Personal is Political, November 11, 2018 – February 10, 2019. Reception TBA at www.pmc.edu/hess-gallery. Exhibition is at the Hess Gallery, Pine Manor College, Chestnut Hill and includes works from the National Association of Women Artists, MA Chapter.
- Artists of the South End, October 22, 2018- January 3t, 2019. Caldwell-Banker Offices, 10 E. Berkeley St. Hope Ricciardi, President of USEA, curated this exhibition.
- Patricia Busso’s work will be shown at the USEA Coldwell Banker group show. With an opening reception on November 11 from 4-6pm at 10 Berkeley St in Boston’s South End, it will run through January 31, 2019.
B. Glee Lucas
- Illumination, November 30, 2018 – January 1, 2019. Group show at Gallery Twist, 1963 Mass. Ave., Lexington. Over 200 original works by 30 artists thoughtfully displayed in an historic home in Lexington. Opening celebration: December 1, 5 – 8pm. Hours: 11am – 5pm each day.
- “Tall Poppies,” an oil painting on insulation board is in Red, 2018 on view November 8 – December 20, at Cambridge Art Association’s Kathryn Schultz Gallery and University Place Galleries. Juried by Dan Byers, John R. and Barbara Robinson Family Director of the Carpenter Center for Visual Arts, at Harvard University. Opening reception: November 8, 6-8pm at both gallery locations. Artists Talks: Nov. 29 and Dec. 13 at Kathryn Schultz Gallery from 6 – 8pm.
- B. Glee’s work is included in an exhibit USEA Artists in the South End at Coldwell-Banker, 10 Berkeley St., Boston, through January 31, 2019.
- RED, through December 20. Artist Talk December 13, 6-8 pm, Cambridge Art Association Katherine Schultz Gallery 25 Lowell St. Cambridge. Biannual Show juried by Dan Byers, Director of the Carpenter Center for Visual Arts at Harvard University.
- Annual Holiday Invitational Exhibit, December through January, 2019. Hudson Art and Framing, 18 Main St. Hudson. Paintings by four artists, local landscapes, interiors and abstract.
- L’Attitude Gallery – 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston. Stephen Silver’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery at 211 Newbury Street, Boston MA 02116. 617-927-4400.www.lattitudegallery.com
- Gallery Z: Stephen Silver’s work is now being displayed at Gallery Z, 259 Atwells Ave. Providence, RI 02903. 401-454-8844. www.galleryzprov.com
- Thanassi Gallery – Provincetown, MA Stephen Silver’s work is now featured at Thanassi Gallery, 234 Commercial Street, Provincetown, MA 02657. 508-487-0233
- Calvin Charles Gallery, 4201 North Marshall Way , Scottsdale , AZ 85251 is one of the premier contemporary galleries located in the center of the Scottsdale arts district. The gallery represents internationally known artists from around the world and is featuring works by Stephen Silver. Through Calvin Charles, Silver’s work is also on display at the Sanctuary on Camelback Resort and Spa. See www.calvincharles.com www.silverwoodsstudio.com
- Jule’s Place – 1200 Washington St Boston, MA 02118, (617) 542-2044
- Lanoue Fine Art -125 Newbury Street in Boston’s Back Bay, Lanoue Fine Art
- L’Attitude Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery, 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston, MA 02116, 617.927.4400 www.lattitudegallery.com
- Art 3 Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Art 3 Gallery, 44 West Brook Street, Manchester, NH 03101, 800.668.9983 See www.art3gallery.com
- Buchanan Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Buchanan Gallery, 220 25th Street, Galveston Island, TX 77550, 409.763.8683
- All Summer at Aquatro Gallery,77 Rocky Neck Ave, Gloucester, MA, Madfish Wharf, Wednesday-Monday from Noon to eight. Wire sculpture with water themes
- All Summer at Cuckle Button Gallery, Perkins Cove, Ogunquit, MA, Wire Sculpture and oil paintings,Tuesday- Sunday 12-8