- First Fridays
- SoWa 2nd Sunday
- Artists in their Studios
- SoWa Sundays
- Artists Events
- Artists Gallery Affiliation
The first Friday of every month, over 80 artists open to the public.
First Friday Open Studios 2019:
March 1st, 5-9pm
April 5th, 5-9pm
May 3rd, 5-9pm
A Monthly Event…all year long
Celebrate and explore Boston’s most vibrant arts community the 2nd Sunday of every month.
Artists at 450 Harrison Ave will open their studios from 11-4 welcoming the public to purchase art directly from the artists.Dates for 2018:August 12September 9November 11December 9 (Holiday!)2019January 13February 10March 10April 14May 12June 9July 14August 11September 15October 13November 10December 8
Artists in their Studios is free to the public.
Every Sunday from May 6-October 29, many artists open to the public in conjunction with the SoWa Open Markets. The Markets open from 10-4. Artists hours vary. Feel free to check with your favorite artists to see if they will be open.
- The Many Faces of Mental Health, opens Jan 7 at Tufts University CLIC building, Medford. The artist worked in collaboration with partners from science and journalism, to address misunderstandings of mental illness. Previously shown at Boston’s Museum of Science, includes large scale portraits, three-dimensional sculptures, video installations and paintings, as well as open white boards for capturing viewers reactions. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-many-faces-of-mental-health-art-exhibit-tickets-53833492425
- Illuminations at Mass General Hospital, Cancer Center, Fruit Street, Boston. Feb 1-May, reception Tuesday, March 5, 5:30-7:30 pm.
Hope M Ricciardi
- Architecture through Figures and Abstraction: Paintings and Prints by Hope Ricciardi, Marina Thompson and Alejandro Eluchans, December 2018 through February 2019. reception with the artists Wednesday, January 23, 3 – 5 pm. Artists talks begin at 3:00 pm, music performed by Drew Ricciardi, violist. The Gallery at Cell Signaling Technology, 32 Tozer Road, Beverly. Work inspired by architecture and figurative imagery.
- The Personal is Political, November 11, 2018 – February 10, 2019. Reception TBA at www.pmc.edu/hess-gallery. Exhibition is at the Hess Gallery, Pine Manor College, Chestnut Hill and includes works from the National Association of Women Artists, MA Chapter.
- Artists of the South End, October 22, 2018-Februart 14,, 2019. Caldwell-Banker Offices, 10 E. Berkeley St. Hope Ricciardi, President of USEA, curated this exhibition.
B. Glee Lucas
- Artists of New England, through February 2019. Noa Gallery at The Groton Inn, 128 Main Street, Groton. Artists Reception on Sunday, February 3, from 2:00-6:00 pm.
- Fenway Abstract selected for Analog/Digital 2019 International Juried Show at Beacon Gallery-January 11th-February 22nd, Opening Reception January 11th, 6pm, 524B Harrison Avenue, Boston.
- Sharon Schindler’s work selected for Still Life: A Look at the Ordinary at Piano Craft Gallery – February 1 – February 24, Opening Reception February 1, 6-8:30pm, 793 Tremont Street, Boston.
- Cambridge Art Association Members Prize Show, February 7- March 23. Reception February 7, 6-8pm. University Place Gallery, Mt. Auburn St., Cambridge. A group show juried by Lisa Crossman, Historian and Curator at the Fitchburg Art Museum.
- L’Attitude Gallery – 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston. Stephen Silver’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery at 211 Newbury Street, Boston MA 02116. 617-927-4400.www.lattitudegallery.com
- Gallery Z: Stephen Silver’s work is now being displayed at Gallery Z, 259 Atwells Ave. Providence, RI 02903. 401-454-8844. www.galleryzprov.com
- Thanassi Gallery – Provincetown, MA Stephen Silver’s work is now featured at Thanassi Gallery, 234 Commercial Street, Provincetown, MA 02657. 508-487-0233
- Calvin Charles Gallery, 4201 North Marshall Way , Scottsdale , AZ 85251 is one of the premier contemporary galleries located in the center of the Scottsdale arts district. The gallery represents internationally known artists from around the world and is featuring works by Stephen Silver. Through Calvin Charles, Silver’s work is also on display at the Sanctuary on Camelback Resort and Spa. See www.calvincharles.com www.silverwoodsstudio.com
- Jule’s Place – 1200 Washington St Boston, MA 02118, (617) 542-2044
- Lanoue Fine Art -125 Newbury Street in Boston’s Back Bay, Lanoue Fine Art
- L’Attitude Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at L’Attitude Gallery, 460-C Harrison Ave – Boston, MA 02116, 617.927.4400 www.lattitudegallery.com
- Art 3 Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Art 3 Gallery, 44 West Brook Street, Manchester, NH 03101, 800.668.9983 See www.art3gallery.com
- Buchanan Gallery – Charyl Weissbach’s work is featured at Buchanan Gallery, 220 25th Street, Galveston Island, TX 77550, 409.763.8683
- All Summer at Aquatro Gallery,77 Rocky Neck Ave, Gloucester, MA, Madfish Wharf, Wednesday-Monday from Noon to eight. Wire sculpture with water themes
- All Summer at Cuckle Button Gallery, Perkins Cove, Ogunquit, MA, Wire Sculpture and oil paintings,Tuesday- Sunday 12-8